I'm so excited because today I finally get to reveal the contents of my Foodie Pen Pals package!This was my first month participating in the Foodie Penpals program and I was beyond excited! Everyone gets one person to buy for and one person to receive from. I received my package from Bailey who blogs at 'Onederland or Bust' and I sent my package to Jenn.
I have so enjoyed the opportunity to get to 'meet' new friends. I always love adding new blogs to my reading list and I'm keen to follow Bailey's journey to her 5km next month (GO Bailey!! Go Bailey!!) and her weight loss journey too - she has such an awesome, upbeat way of writing.
Now onto the goodies! Bailey put together an awesome package for me.
- Larabars - are always a favourite of mine but I got to try out a flavour I hadn't had before - the peanut butter choc chip.
- Apple Butter made from her local Ontario Apples - this sounds fab (I've never had apple butter, but suddenly there's a pressing need to have a croissant for breakfast to smother this all over!).
- Tomato & Basil Dip Mix- made from a lady at her local market which comes with the Bailey seal of approval.
- Herbal tea (an interesting combination of lemon balm & honey which I've yet to try out)
- Iced Vanilla Latte mix which sounds perfect and indulgent for a hot day (and hopefully we'll be getting a few of those soon enough!)
- Chocolate - which disappeared within 30 minutes of opening the package - dh and I were needing a sweet snack after our day at work so it was pretty perfect timing!
- Rice Chips - Yum-O!! Loved these snacks
Here’s a quick recap of what the Foodie PenPals program is:
- At the beginning of each month, bloggers and blog readers receive their penpal pairing.
- You have until the 15th of the month to send your package, and on the last day of the month you reveal the goodies you were sent
- Packages are to be filled with foodie related items with a spending limit of $15. The box must also include something written.
- As a penpal you are responsible for contacting your penpal regarding any dietary issues/concerns. (i.e. vegan, gluten-free, peanut free).
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian, and UK residents. US residents are paired with US residents. Canadian residents are paired with Canadians. And UK residents are paired with UK residents. That way there’s no delay dealing with customs and everybody (hopefully) gets their package on time.
So glad you enjoyed the package!! I had a great time shopping for it and of course receiving my box of goodies as well. I've already signed up for June! I'm excited because the Farmers Market opens next week so I'll be able to get more local goodies :)ReplyDelete