Once again this month I took part in the Foodie Pen Pals exchange. I received this most amazing package of goodies from Meghan at Mostly Noodles. She's quite the foodie it seems and sure knows how to select a wonderfully thoughtful and interesting package of goodies. As soon as we were paired up she sent me a great questionnaire full of lots of questions so she could get to know me better. Then a couple of weeks later this arrived;
Meghan you picked well - thank you!
Here's a run-down on the goodies I received;
- Franks Red Hot Sauce - I love this stuff when we're out, but we never seem to have it in our own pantry...until now!!
- Camino Chocolate - where the heck did that go?!
- Pumpkin & Flax Granola - as I explained to Meghan in my little questionnaire my 'go-to' lazy snack is often a bowl of cereal - it'll be great to try out a slightly different granola
- Kind Bar - Love these!
- Curry Salt - OMG - this sounds so good. And I may just try it exactly as Meghan suggests - on hard boiled eggs
- Masala Curry Paste - The recipe on the back suggests making burgers with a little of this paste - I've done the same with a thai curry paste, but not an Indian curry paste. Next stop - the BBQ!
- Dukkah Spice - I've never heard of this before, and other than a little note from Meghan to say it was her new favourite spice I was intrigued but in the dark as to what to do with it. A little investigation via google and I discovered this; dukkah is an Egyptian side dish consisting of a mixture of herbs, nuts, probably hazelnut, and spices. It is typically used as a dip with bread or fresh vegetables, and eaten as an hors d'œuvre - mmmm! Can't wait to try this.
- Cacao Chips - cookies anyone?!
- Plus a great magazine 'Edible Vancouver' - which is just full of eye candy. Who doesn't love great food photography!?
My 'other partner' was Terri - if you'd like to see what was in the package I sent her then head on over to her blog 'will run for peas'.
Here’s a quick recap of what the Foodie PenPals program is:
- At the beginning of each month, bloggers and blog readers receive their penpal pairing.
- You have until the 15th of the month to send your package, and on the last day of the month you reveal the goodies you were sent
- Packages are to be filled with foodie related items with a spending limit of $15. The box must also include something written.
- As a penpal you are responsible for contacting your penpal regarding any dietary issues/concerns. (i.e. vegan, gluten-free, peanut free).
- Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian, and UK residents. US residents are paired with US residents. Canadian residents are paired with Canadians. And UK residents are paired with UK residents. That way there’s no delay dealing with customs and everybody (hopefully) gets their package on time.