- 1 ripe Avocado, pitted & skinned
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped, and lightly browned in frying pan (I did this after frying my bacon so I used the leftover bacon fat to fry)
- 3 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Servings of pasta, cooked & drained (I used wholewheat fusilli)
- Fry the bacon until crispy, set aside on a sheet of kitchen towel to drain off excess oil
- Take the avocado, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper and blend in a food processor until creamy
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained add the avocado mix and tomatoes and mix well to coat. Sprinkle with the crispy bacon to serve – maybe add some fresh grated parmesan too!
I'm linking up to Jill & Laura's Menu Planning Challenge today, after a bit of a break! Things go a little haywire when Chris goes away and I normally revert to freezer left-over meals or invitations from friends when I'm on my own - so planning goes out the window!
However it's good to be back on it. As much as anything for the cost savings involved in planning out the week - we're still trying to reduce our monthly expenditure on groceries without much success.The rest of my menu plan for this week looks like this;
You'll see LOTS of salad back on our menu - that's because we're in harvest in our little garden. I planted a tonne of arugula, kale, mesclun mix, bistro mix and good old plain lettuce heads and they're growing like crazy! I'm very happy about this - I much prefer my greens raw and cold (Whereas Chris does generally prefer cooked greens) We normally enjoy them with a light oil & balsamic dressing with toasted seeds and nuts on top, and oftentimes accompanied by something on the BBQ (this week sausages and homemade moose burgers)
The BAT pasta recipe above got traded out for the lemon zucchini pasta I had planned on my list, only because I had the avocado going over-ripe and I forgot the zucchini!
The pasta sounds great (minus the bacon of course), I might have to give it a try :)ReplyDelete
I think it would be great minus the bacon - I'd probably add a few extra tomatoes!Delete
My daughter would love your pasta! Add bacon to any recipe and she is happy. It's the time of year for more salads and sandwiches in the Conyers' house. Lighter fare is my favorite!ReplyDelete
Easy for everyone to enjoy - I just sprinkled the bacon on at the end anyway - she can have your bacon then!!Delete
Oh yum! That pasta sounds SO good! Happy to have you linking up again! :-)ReplyDelete
Thanks Laura, good to be back!Delete
Yami .... as an amateur of Italian cuisine, I surely do appreciate every kind of pasta and this receipt looks really tasty ! Thanks for sharing ...ReplyDelete