Anyway, it's awesome. Try it. I'm calling it my PPK Curry...
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 1 medium yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1" piece fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 Tbsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Tumeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (this is what makes it hot, so adjust for your heat tolerance!)
- 4-5 leaves kale (chopped and minus the coarse stems)
- 1 medium tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large potatoes (chopped into bite sized chunks)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh is best)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Coconut Oil
- Heat coconut oil in pan, add onions and sauté until softened.
- Add garlic, ginger, jalapeño and sauté for another couple of minutes until softened
- Add spices (curry power, turmeric, cinnamon & cayenne) and stir in
- Add kale and stir until wilted (you may want to add in batches)
- Add tomato and water, stir in and reduce to low heat
- Add potatoes, coconut milk, pineapple and dried basil, stir in and bring to a simmer on a medium heat
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for another 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are cooked
- Stir, serve and enjoy!
- I added a cup of leftover roasted sweet potatoes chunks to mine which added to the sweet taste - I highly recommend it!
- Add extra water if your curry gets too dry - just a little at a time!