Anyway, it's awesome. Try it. I'm calling it my PPK Curry...
Ingredients (Serves 3-4)
- 1 medium yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1" piece fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeño
- 2 Tbsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Tumeric
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne (this is what makes it hot, so adjust for your heat tolerance!)
- 4-5 leaves kale (chopped and minus the coarse stems)
- 1 medium tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large potatoes (chopped into bite sized chunks)
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (fresh is best)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Coconut Oil
- Heat coconut oil in pan, add onions and sauté until softened.
- Add garlic, ginger, jalapeño and sauté for another couple of minutes until softened
- Add spices (curry power, turmeric, cinnamon & cayenne) and stir in
- Add kale and stir until wilted (you may want to add in batches)
- Add tomato and water, stir in and reduce to low heat
- Add potatoes, coconut milk, pineapple and dried basil, stir in and bring to a simmer on a medium heat
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for another 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are cooked
- Stir, serve and enjoy!
- I added a cup of leftover roasted sweet potatoes chunks to mine which added to the sweet taste - I highly recommend it!
- Add extra water if your curry gets too dry - just a little at a time!
Just stopping by to say I've missed you in the menu planning link up! AND wow, that curry looks fantastic!!ReplyDelete
Thanks Laura! Meal Planning has been kind of haywire this last 2-3 weeks as my husband has been away a couple of times - and when he does my meal plan situation normally just comprises of eating whatever is lurking in the freezer!! (And honestly sometimes I'm not even sure what it is till it's defrosted!!) Things will get back to normal I hope in the next week or so! I'll be back on it soon!Delete